The Safe Hands Ruby Plan pays for the services that help your family to mark the end of your life – either with cremation or with a burial. Your family can choose to pay for personal touches, like flowers, but we will guarantee the Funeral Director’s fees are paid in full.
What's included in the Safe Hands Ruby Plan?
- Support for your family – an experienced Funeral Director to help arrange the service
- The Funeral Director’s standard fees, which will include careful preparation of the body
- Access for your family to the chapel of rest
- 24-hour transfer of the body to a funeral home or chapel of rest
- The costs of travelling from the funeral home to a crematorium or cemetery
- An elegant, oak-veneered coffin with a nameplate
- A modern funeral hearse and bearers
- Two limousines for your family
- A call from our Bereavement Advice Service team
Also included - Up to £1,200 to help pay for these third-party costs
- The Doctor’s fees for arranging the first death certificate
- Fees that are charged for the cremation process itself or to open a grave
- Fees that might be charged by a Minister or Celebrant for holding a service on the day.
What's not included in our Ruby Plan?
Your family will still need to pay for the personal choices that will help them to celebrate your life – things like flowers, or any special wishes you might have for the ceremony.
We can help you to personalise your plan, by adding an allowance towards some of these costs. Contact us for more details.View our full terms and conditions
Sensible, end-of-life financial planning
When you put your money into Safe Hands, you and your family can relax.
Our payment options make it easy to pay your funeral plan over time or all at once
Independent trustees will make sure your money is kept safe for your family
What our customers say
Everything taken care of with just one call - well worth doing. My father had a good send-off and all his wishes were taken care of...
I can’t thank everyone at Safe Hands enough for the service and support they’ve given me, arranging my Dad's funeral plan. Everyone I spoke to was caring, compassionate and considerate.
I've got no hesitation in recommending Safe Hands, and the funeral directors chosen to help us. They were all open, honest, and respecteful at what was an incredibly difficult time – our family was so grateful.
Which costs are not included?
It's easy to add personal choices to any Safe Hands plan, too. A wicker coffin, for example, or floral tributes for the coffin.
We'll make sure your family knows what you've asked for, and we’ll pay that money out as an allowance towards those specific costs at the time of need.
We take CPI into consideration, but if those costs are more than the allowance, then the difference will have to be settled before the personal choices can be provided.Learn more
How will my family know about my funeral plan?
It's a good idea to talk to your family about your funeral wishes. You can leave instructions in your Will, but we’ll provide information that makes it easy to talk about your Safe Hands plan.Learn more
Can I change my mind, after I've bought a plan?
Yes. You can cancel a plan free of charge within 30 days and we’ll refund everything you've paid to date. After that time, we apply an administration charge of £249 (which we can deduct from any monies paid in to date).Learn more